[blind-democracy] Re: Wesley Clark Calls for Internment Camps for "Radicalized" Americans

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:00:05 -0400

If I recall correctly, he made that speech about the only thing we have to fear is fear itself upon announcing the Pearl Harbor attack and so as an announcement of the U.S. entry into World War II.

On 7/21/2015 5:43 PM, Alice Dampman Humel wrote:

I don’t think FDR’s reference to fear was limited to economics...
On Jul 21, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Bob Hachey <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Miriam,
Most disturbing heer. I wonder how many of the other candidates for
president would support this nonsense. They even would go after someone who
is "at risk of radicalization?" What the heck does that mean and where do we
draw the line.
FDR was so right when he said that the only thing we have to fear is fear
itself. He meant that in an economic sense given the Depression, but I think
it can also be used in a foreign policy sense. That is, the fear of future
attacks makes us do horrible things like the internment camps for the
Japanese during World War II, the patriot Act, drone strikes, rendition,
etc.
Bob Hachey