[blind-democracy] Re: New Subject - Regime Change - Yes or No

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:34:49 -0500

Hi Dick,

Good post here. I'm with Sanders and Paul here. Regime change has cost us
tremendously in termes of injured and dead soldiers, the guilt over killing
thousands and destroying cities as well as power vacuums that get filled by
radical groups like ISIS.

Unfortunately, what we really need to do is to cut ties with nations like
Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia; none of the presidential candidates from
both powerful parties are willint to take these steps. . That is the only
way we'll ever see a reduction in terrorist attacks. And, I've not said a
word about reducing attacks from the radical Christian right.

From a purely military perspective, one ought not get involved in regime
change unless one is prepared to help build a truly stable government in the
place of the one that was removed and that means a lot more than paying off
a few corrupt indoviduals to be our puppets.

From a moral perspective, we have behaved very badly by all of the killing
and destruction we have brought to the Middle East. IT is understandable why
we are hated throughout much of the rest of the world.

Bob Hachey