[blind-democracy] Re: New Member, Sort Of

  • From: Kevin LaRose <kl1964@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:08:51 -0400

Carl:
While I respect your position on this, I can't go along with it at this point. The time has come for a line to be drawn in the sand. Too many people, myself included, have been way too complacent while the political game played itself out, and now we are all reaping the whirlwind. While I don't think Hillary is evil incarante, I do believe that she is first and foremost a politician. While she may have had the heart of a true progressive at one time, she surrendered it long ago. I can no longer hold my nose and vote for someone I know is absolutely wrong because of the fear of what would be far worse. Admittedly, it's easy for me to take this stance, as The Hoosier State would be in the GOP camp even if they settled on Charles Manson as a compromise candidate. Incidentally, while Indiana is the brightest red that red can be, both of my state legislators are Democrats. Not that it makes much difference, but I do take comfort in being situated in a blue dot in the sea of red.
KL