[blind-chess] Proposed Fall-Winter Chess Tournament

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 04:28:57 +0100

Hello Richard and all,
Either of the suggestions you made below should work fine. Try both formats in
consecutive tournaments and seek feedback.

If there is a flank opening round, would it be fitting for 1. b3 to be
selected, to mark the contributions Bent Larsen, who died last week, made to
chess?

On that point, perhaps one could give a tournament the name of a great chess
player, living or dead, and see what the database shows their favourite
variations are, and select from there.

Paul Benson.