[blind-chess] Re: Adding theme and speed to ... Re: Re: Proposed Fall-Winter Chess Tournament

  • From: Lewis <adatewithmate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:29:11 -0400

Richard and All,

I like the idea of a different theme each month as the structure for the
tournament.  Each player gets to play white and black for each theme.

I would prefer to finish a game every two weeks.  This way each player plays
the same white and black theme over a one month period.  Perhaps a two move
limit within a twenty-four hour period would work. This may appear quick but
one game a month is somewhat sluggish.

We could possibly be mentored by some of our better players after each theme
ends.  One or two of the shorter and longer games can be annotated.  Maybe two
or so players games can be annotated each month.  This would be very
instructional.

These are just some flexible ideas which I am not glued to.  Whatever the
outcome Richard, count me in.

Lewis
"knightrider"