[blind-chess] Re: Proposed Fall-Winter Chess Tournament

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:25:05 -0700

Hello Paul and others,

The theme idea appears so far to be what the players want.

So if there are enough players for a tournament, how about:
* one King Pawn, one Queen Pawn and one flank opening?
or
* three major variations of one opening like Ruy Lopez or The Sicilian?
or
* other ideas?

Richard
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: R Dinger - Email Address: rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 13/09/2010 16:15
Sent To: chess - Email Address: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any interest among blind-chess members in an additional tournament. A brief outline of my proposed tournament follows.

The tournament will be a Quad format, that is groups of four players in a double round robin tournament. You play two games with each of the other three players in your division or six games total.

The tournament will begin October 1 with games scheduled to begin on the first of each month so you only have one additional game a month.

Tournament divisions will be grouped by player rating as of September 15. Division ties will be settled either by play-off or tie break rules as decided by the players. Division winners will have exclusive bragging rights until the next tournament.

If you would like to play in such a tournament, please let me know. If you have other ideas or suggestions, please post them to the list for discussion.

Richard