[blind-chess] Chess game on the list

  • From: "Carol Harvester" <harvesterca@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Chess" <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:40:32 -0400

Hi Richard,

You have asked us to make suggestions for improving the list.  The game between
Alvin and Uwe is great! However, it's difficult to follow the game because I
don't have an extra board. If they play the game privately, annotate their
comments after each move, then when the game is over, post it on the list. I
think it is an excellent teaching tool for all of us to learn what the player's
reason for making such move. One could go through the entire game on a board at
their leisure.

In addition, have a third party (possibly an experienced chess player), who
could discuss and comment on the moves in the game.

I remembered that Rod said he could evaluate and give his comments.  I think it
is a good idea, but put the whole game up on the list at one time. Then the
evaluator could discuss the game in three sections, the opening game, the
middle game, and the end game.

These are my thoughts and hopefully it will help to make Blind Chess list a
great place for everyone to enjoy.

Carol