[blind-chess] Re: Are there differences here, please?

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:42:55 -0700

Hi Hugh,

We are working this out as we go along, so it is messy.  The original 3 week
rule was from rules I borrowed from elsewhere.  I do not think we need that
rule any longer.

Since challenges are scheduled as they arrive and because both players must be
free to play at the time, I think up to a three day delay before starting the
game is plenty.  We can make it less than three days if most agree, but this
gives you a three day rest between games and you can always start immediately
if you want.

The five day total reflection time limit and sending reply moves within 24
hours still applies once the game is started.

I will send a clean set of all tournament rules no later than tomorrow, as long
as no major problems are uncovered.  At that time you can and should throw away
all these previous trial balloons.

Richard