[bksvol-discuss] Re: word search puzzles in books

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:08:46 -0700

Hi Jamie,

All your ideas are good ones.  Using a table would make skipping over it
easier.  And bolding the circled letters would work well for noting the
answers.  Except if the words intersect.  If it's a kids' book would that be
confusing for kids, do you think?

I know it'd be more work, but would you consider something like this?

[The answer key to the word search on page (fill in the blank) is
represented in a table.  The left most column of the table is column 1, and
the column to its right is column two, continuing through number (fill in
the blank). The top row of the table is row A. the row below that is row B,
continuing through letter (fill in the blank).

The answer to the first word to be found (give word my example is the word
"dog") begins at square number (example here, A-3) and continues on a
diagonal down to the right, finishing at C-5.]

I know that's kind of complicated, but at least then and you could shorten
the description maybe to

[Answer 1 begins at A-3 and moves diagonally down and to the right.]

Just a thought.  Maybe that's way too complicated.

Mayrie

  _____