[bksvol-discuss] Re: word search puzzles in books

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 00:15:23 -0700

Hi Jamie,

Remember that when bookshare's books go through the conversion tool,the book
is put into a single font.  Bold and italics and enlargement are kept, but
if you switch between font types, like Ariel and Times New Roman or others,
only one font will be present in the final Bookshare book. Bookshare's
standard font for books looks a lot like Ariel, in case you want to know.
This is the font most easily interpreted by folks with visual problems and
learning disabilities from what I've heard.

So, yes, I'd just put the letters in a normal font in the table for the
search, and then bold in the answer part of the book.

Thanks for tackling tricky books like this that are so much fun for
Bookshare users to read.

And I hope you're back to completely healthy and are really ready to go back
to work.  Hope it's a good start back for you!

Mayrie

  _____