[bksvol-discuss] Re: where is my book to proofread, did someone else get it and the credit?

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:14:56 -0500

Hi all,

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 09:48:16AM -0500, EVAN REESE wrote:
> I'm not clear as to what you are saying here. If you scanned and submitted
> the book, then you will get credit for it, no matter who proofreads it, when
> it gets added to the collection. If you made an effort to get the pages
> right, then that work will not be lost, unless the proofreader messes it up
> somehow. You can't submit a book for proofreading and then proofread it
> yourself, so I am confused by your statement that you submitted a book for
> proofreading and then it got taken from you.
>
> If, on the other hand, you are saying that you were in the process of
> proofreading a book and it expired, then someone else took it, then unless
> that person indicates that you should receive credit for proofreading it in
> the comments section, you will not get credit for it. By default, the person
> who uploads the book to the Admin Queue gets the credit for proofreading it.

Hmmm, I think I can clarify this one, Evan.  Her book was returned to the
checkout page for further editing, and she didn't catch the file before
somebody else downloaded it first.  I don't know if anything can be done about
it, but it may be a good idea for the admin folks to inquire of the proofer if
he or she would like to make the changes or give the book out as a "new"
checkout.  I guess there's nothing she can do now except choose another book or
try to get a hold of Volunteer 50.  Volunteer 50 seems to be the guilty party
who snapped up the book.  <sigh>  Es la vida I guess.

I sure hope admin can do something.  In these economic times something that
used to be shrugged off is now kinda important.

Ann P.

--
AAnn K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."  JRRT