[bksvol-discuss] Re: way to refer to other books?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:23:15 -0500

Let me second Sue on this -- I'd love to have a book like this on Bookshare. I don't scan, but if you'd be willing to try scanning it, Charisma, I'd be willing to proof it, as long as you keep the images of the pages until the proofing is done. That way I can get a page image from you if I need it when proofing tricky parts like tables. smile.

Judy s.

Sue Stevens wrote:
Hi Charisma,

Some of us cannot hear audio books, so having a book on the Bard site would do us no good. True we are a small group, but we appreciate it when such books are in Bookshare.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Charisma
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:55 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] way to refer to other books?

I was looking to see if Bookshare had a copy of this book because I
wanted to listen to it.
I checked the publisher and the site and etc and it is not there. So I
was about to scan it when I remembered that I had listened to it
initially through NLS/BARD. Since they have it I am not going to scan
it.

But I wish there was a way to refer folks to a place that has a thing
when Bookshare does not. It looks as if the brain injury books on
Bookshare are regarding pediatric injuries only, but this one is for
any age.

IS there a way? This has been an extremely helpful book to me and at
least one of my doctors. If it was not so tricky with tables and all I
would go ahead and push through if it was not available anywhere else.

Charisma

-----
No virus found in this message.