[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing boooks with tables

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

I've spent a lot of time in the past trying to proof books with tables.
Sometimes I've translated them into words and paragraphs; recently I tried
converting them to text; (that didn't work well). Most recently I had to give
up. I found that most often the table merely illustrates what's said in the
text and isn't really necessary. In some cases I merely said. "bar graph or
table. (though tables are usually titled in the text.
With my last 2 books I finally gave up and deleted the tables and explained
that they were merely illustrative, not essential.
Bookshare told me that they can convert or do something with tables, but when I
uploaded the books they were returned to me
I guess it depends on the kind and size (length, I mean the width of the table.

Cindy