[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating efforts was reading with MP3 and pagebreaks

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:53:53 -0600

Gisela,  your direction is just fine.  marissa will hopefully be able to
collate and publish some of the tips that old (not like in gray!)
volunteers have posted over the last couple of years to assist.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Gisela Vazquez" <gvazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/12/2004 10:27 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] validating efforts was reading with MP3 and pagebreaks

Ok, wen we're talking about "quality", excellent, good or fair, what is
the
first thing we should look for. I just started validating and my main
concern is to make sure the book is:
1 all there
2 understandable:  meaning that it is easaly read with few errors.
3 punctuation and things like that
4 making certain that page numbers and breaks are present.

If I should change the focus of my efforts, someone please let me know the

order in withch I should be looking at things.

I read using my braillenote and JAWS that's how I validate too.

Gisela