[bksvol-discuss] Grace's scanning tip

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:54:37 -0500

Hi Fellow Volunteers:

1. If you are doing a 2 page scan, one of the most important things you can do
to obtain a quality scan is to make sure that you are holding the book as flat
as possible on the scanner. Also take the cover off the scanner. This makes it
easier for you to hold the book flat.

2. The rest is dependent on the software that you use to scan. I invite people
to ask questions on the list that are specific to their scanning package so
that you can benefit from other's true and tried techniques.

3. Keep blank pages to make it easier for validators to check for completeness.

I personally scan random pages throughout the book and keep adjusting the
brightness until I get good results.  Once I get satisfactory results I save
the settings and scan the book.

hth
*****
Grace