[bksvol-discuss] Re: two questions for the gang

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:00:53 -0600

Hi, thanks bunches for this info. While not in the Christian genre, I read homecoming and dicey's song during the time before I even knew about Christian fiction. I know I was 13 when I read homecoming and maybe Dicey's song, but I may have been 14 or 15. I started a solitary blue but couldn't get into it and didn't know until a few weeks later that it was a part of the Tillerman books. I read the first two books on cassette through the Library of Congress, and the reader did a fantastic job on them. I'm glad Carrie added the numbers onto them so people will know which ones to read first. Bookshare and NLS both has led me to know how diverse a writer of teenage and children's fiction Cynthia Voigt is. I read a bunch of books by Lenora Mattingly Weber that featured close Catholic families, and Homecoming and Dicey's song had enough of the Catholic faith and other things to appeal to me. I'm not Catholic but find the structure interesting. I enjoy Catholic fiction. I didn't know until recently that any of these books won the newberry award, but did you know they made a movie of homecoming? Well, they did and I watched it on Hallmark several years ago. Thanks again and have a blessed day. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>