[bksvol-discuss] Re: the Catcher in the Rye

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:19:36 -0500

Right on, Rick. Bob Uecker is a one-man-riot. He cracks me up and probably isn't even trying to half the time. He's good at playing with words and capturing people's personalities and little quirks that make them unique. I don't know why, but he makes me want a chili dog with extra chili.

Monica Willyard

At 01:07 AM 1/26/2007, you wrote:
Catcher in the W R Y and not the R Y E.

One of the authors cited is Bob Uecker,  a well known veteran MLB baseball
announcer, I think still the voice of the Milwaukee team.