[bksvol-discuss] Re: the Catcher in the Rye

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:07:16 -0700

Catcher in the W R Y and not the R Y E.

One of the authors cited is Bob Uecker,  a well known veteran MLB baseball
announcer, I think still the voice of the Milwaukee team.

English.  Hah!  Can't live with it, can't live without it.  Getting confused
when the same word is sound the same but spelled differently. A horse of a
different color, so to speak.

The title tries to throw our team off the trail, by stealing our signals.
Uecker has been in some baseball movies. One I recall was Major League. He
was madcap hilarious.  He is also fun to listen to when calling the real
games as well, I think.

Rik