[bksvol-discuss] Re: thanks and scanning

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:39:29 -0500

Hi Sarah,

Yes, I've always had problems with the implementation of ViaVoice that Openbook uses. It would always crash my system, so I went to the MS Sapi sound engine, even though I don't like its sound quality as much. Better to have bad speech, than no speech and a reboot.

Dave

At 03:57 PM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
Patti, Thanks for your thanks and the cook book recommendations.

I know very little about Open Book, but know what Fine Engine tends to do,
so results should be similar.

I think maybe I should install an Open Book demmo in Xp to see how it works.
Since I can't get speech I like with Kurzweil in Xp I might as well only use
Xp for experimentation.  Might as well try to mess it up with installing a
WindowEyes demmo, too.

Anyone else having trouble with ViaVoice dispite it being reinstalled and
being the only item shown in SAPIReg.exe?  Anyone have a suggestion? Tech
support didn't.  If so write me off list at netentity at earthlink dot net.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/