[bksvol-discuss] Re: roman numerals

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:24:35 -0800 (PST)

Interesting question, since we're told to put prefatory pages, i.e., though
before page 1 of the main text, in Roman numerals smile
Grandma Cindy

>________________________________

Sue, well, I can tell you that Jaws recognizes them, but it doesn't always
pronounce them correctly as Roman numerals. I can't answer for other screen
readers. I'd have to check and see what the System Access screen reader does.
Want me to find out and give you the result? Regards, Kim
Friedman.
PM
>To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Chapter headings
>

>Hi folks,
>
>In the book I am now proofing, the chapters are numbered with Roman
numerals instead of Arabic numbers.  They look fine in Braille, even
without the word “chapter”.  They are also being protected by page numbers
above them.  My question:  How would speech programs interpret
them?  I am bolding them at 16 point, as is correct.  Will speech
programs recognize them as Roman numerals?