[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about scanning

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:36:40 -0400

Hi Terra. I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Pearl. I hope you
don't find my post rude because my intent is to be helpful. I imagine
you bought the Pearl as a bundle with Openbook 9. Is there any chance
Freedom Scientific will refund your money for the Pearl part of your
purchase, letting you use your Openbook by itself? Then you could
spend the refunded money on a good scanner from Epson or another
company of your choice.

I don't own a Pearl, so I can't help you at all there. You and Larry
are the only people I know who have a Pearl, and it just doesn't seem
ready for prime time. If they'll refund some of your money, you can
get a decent scanner for around $100.

--
Monica Willyard
Visit my GoodReads book shelf at http://www.goodreads.com/plumlipstick