[bksvol-discuss] Re: Banned Books Week

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 16:25:35 -0500

Hi Steve and everyone!

I read "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Catcher in the Rye" and enjoyed all of them. This banning can get pretty rediculous.

If you want to read about how much sensorship is in school tests and textbooks, I recommend the book "The Language Police" by Diane Ravitch. I read it as an NLS cassette book. It's also in the Bookshare collection.

Debby

At 11:28 AM 9/29/2010, Steve Holmes wrote
One book that surprised me to be on the list was "My Sister's Keeper."
I read that one from Audible and I enjoyed the book.  It seems like as
soon as a book or story exposes bizar situations and even possible
reality, some idiot wants it banned so noone else can read it.  We
need freedom of information input as well as speech, press, or any
other output.