[bksvol-discuss] question about page numbers and chapter headings

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:48:17 -0700

This question may be only to do with one book.
But I wonder if it has a general universal purpose to answer for me and others.
Or maybe someone can point me in a right direction for understanding.

My wife is reading a book, called The Madonnas From Lenningrad by Debra Dean. She is enjoying it so much, she asked if I might like to scan it. I said, well I should first check the Bookshare collection. Good move. Sure enough it is there! Congratulations to us, right?

Okay. Here is my question.
I downloaded a Daisy Text Only version of the book.
I open with a reader, the newest FSReader that comes with JAWS 15. Version 3.0
But in any case, the issue has nothing to do with that.

When we go to the chapter headings and the corresponding page numbers, they are not the same.
For example. Navigating to Chapter 13. Just below that it says page 81.
My wife looks up page 81 in her print soft cover edition of the book.

It does not say or show Chapter 13.
But the page does begin with text lower in the page. So I figure well then we volunteers we put that chapter and chapter number text in there.
BUT, the text is nowhere near the same.

I don't know yet exactly where it was, but my wife looked around before and after this point and did not see the same text.

So I am wondering what the deal is.

Now. This is a low priority for me.
But with the discussion of chapter headings and chapter numbers going on, I thought I would ask.

As a book scanning submitter, I do usually put the word chapter in front of a chapter number.

Thanks.
Rik

PS - It is a really interesting book, too! Thank you, Bookshare!