[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about conversion process effect on line breaks

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:08:37 -0500

Hi Katherine,

I do the same thing--I set styles too when I'm proofreading. I've run into that one letter per line formatting and boy, am I with you, it's highly annoying to proof. And yup -- those aren't hard codes that are causing that.

When you set a style, it doesn't create or remove paragraphs. It simply modifies how the paragraphs that are already in a document are displayed to you and get printed on a physical sheet of paper.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 6/29/2016 7:53 PM, Katherine Petersen (Redacted sender katherine_petersen for DMARC) wrote:

That makes sense. I didn’t realize the converter strips out the styles. At least setting the styles, helped me avoid one letter per line in my documents which made them highly annoying to proof. But I’m guessing those aren’t hard codes, so while the converter will strip out the style, it will keep the paragraphs created by it intact. I’ve never heard otherwise at least. J

It certainly made files easier to proof after scanning them. I obviously don’t catch everything, but if I can’t deal with one letter per line, and I know that isn’t how the book appears, it served its purpose. Thanks for explaining more how the converter works.

--Katherine