[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about conversion process effect on line breaks

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:33:10 -0400

Unless things have changed recently the conversion tools do not handle that. At an earlier time I had my Open Book settings configured so that it would introduce those line breaks. I did not intend that. It was a side effect of something that I did intend. I had a devil of a time trying to figure out what was wrong and every book I submitted was unacceptable until the line break problem was resolved.

On 6/29/2016 1:43 AM, Aidee Campa wrote:

Hello All:

This is Aidee, one of the proofreaders. I have a (hopefully) quick question about the conversion process. Does anyone know if the conversion process removes line breaks? I am working on a book that apparently has a lot of them, and it would save me a lot of trouble if I didn’t have to worry about removing these. This is what a snippet of the book looks like before I remove said line breaks (which JAWS calls “vertical tabs”).

Instead, her eyes were brown—lovely, dreamy... melted chocolate
brown? Rabbit fur brown?

I would really appreciate any help with this, so if any of you know if this is something I can ignore (or should pay attention to), that would be wonderful.

Thank you so much for all your time and help.