[bksvol-discuss] o.t. speakers

  • From: "Monica Svopa" <svopa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 06:17:46 -0500

Good morning list.  I wanted to write and vent.  I usually don't do this in
writing but I'm sad.  I know upgrading computer systems can be difficult but it
feels like pulling teeth.  Everyday this week we have been on the phone with
Dell tech support installing various components, router, wireless printer, and
the latest was the speaker system.  After putting in the 5 and 1 speaker system
with sub woofer to the computer, the center speaker does not work.  Neither do
the two wireless rear speakers.  I paid approximately $100.  I listened to a
bit of two movies yesterday with them and it sounded good.  The CD's nor radio
stations on the Internet didn't sound great.  Needless to say, I'm not
impressed.  The old speaker system I had for my Windows 98 system sounded way
better than these but I can't connect those to the new computer.  It was just a
normal configuration with sub woofer and two speakers.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have on some good quality speakers I
could purchase.  Is Bose the only kind to consider?  If some how much would
those run.  I have a Bose 321 system in my living room and love that.  Sorry,
I'll stop rambling and venting.  Thanks for reading my post.

Frustrated,

Monica Svopa

P.S. I will be running Kurzweil 11 and am a Jaws user.  I hope to still be able
to use my Dec Express for Jaws which will allow me to use headphones for Jaws.