[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t. speakers

  • From: Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:04:22 -0500

Hi monica. Bose are great, but so are boston acoustics, harmon carden, creative, cambridge soundworks (if they still exist), JBL, and Altech Lancing. To be honest, I'm surprised your older speakers won't work on your new system. as long as the sound card in your new computer has a line out jack, you should be able to just plug the older speakers into that jack and have them work fine. if I can be of any more help, please let me know.

Shane
At 06:17 AM 10/21/2007, you wrote:
Good morning list. I wanted to write and vent. I usually don't do this in writing but I'm sad. I know upgrading computer systems can be difficult but it feels like pulling teeth. Everyday this week we have been on the phone with Dell tech support installing various components, router, wireless printer, and the latest was the speaker system. After putting in the 5 and 1 speaker system with sub woofer to the computer, the center speaker does not work. Neither do the two wireless rear speakers. I paid approximately $100. I listened to a bit of two movies yesterday with them and it sounded good. The CD's nor radio stations on the Internet didn't sound great. Needless to say, I'm not impressed. The old speaker system I had for my Windows 98 system sounded way better than these but I can't connect those to the new computer. It was just a normal configuration with sub woofer and two speakers.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have on some good quality speakers I could purchase. Is Bose the only kind to consider? If some how much would those run. I have a Bose 321 system in my living room and love that. Sorry, I'll stop rambling and venting. Thanks for reading my post.

Frustrated,

Monica Svopa

P.S. I will be running Kurzweil 11 and am a Jaws user. I hope to still be able to use my Dec Express for Jaws which will allow me to use headphones for Jaws.