[bksvol-discuss] Re: o.t. purchasing scanners

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 18:02:39 -0700

I'll tell yall what--if I could get any scanner right now, it'd be the
opticbook.  The great thing about it is its shape, rather like the old
reading edge bed that allowed one to make the book binder go flush
against the scanner, thereby eliminating the need to press down, which
saves wear on both the book & the scanner operator's arm.  Considering
I have a really bad right elbow which is aggravated by the constant
pressing of the book into the scanner bed in order not to get cut-off
words, etc., it'd be an absolute god-send.  It ain't gonna happen but
I can still wish--& drool all over the keyboard lol.  It's a little
pricey but no more than you paid for the hp, & perhaps a little less,
in fact.

On this note, has any1 ever used a digital camera in place of a scanner?

--
Jackie McBride
Please sign the Yahoo Accessibility petition at: