[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot: hawaii

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:55:18 -0700 (PDT)

My daughter is 32, with beautiful red hair.  Here's a picture of her, taken
last Thanksgiving.

Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for sharing with us, Carrie. I never travel
except vicariously--and that I enjoy -- and hearing
about weddings and other adventures. It's too bad you
couldn't have stayed a little longer.

BTW, how old is your daughter?

Cindy

wrote:
> After I wrote, I went to Amazon.com I see that
> Whispers through the Trees is a 2005 edition.
> Perhaps
> it's too new to be in theLC catalog yet. I didn't
> check the government copyright site. I'd assumed
> from
> what Sarah said that it was old. The experience
> teaches me--or should if I remember :-) --not to
> assume anything.
>
> I did do one un-necessar search--because of the
> secondpart of the title--The Mystery of Swallow
> Island--I thought it might be a Bobbsey Twins
> book--my
> favorites growing up.
>
> Carrie, I guess I missed the post before that you're
> going to a wedding. Have a wonderful time. Did the
> post that I missed say where it was? I hope the
> weatehr is perfect for your trip and for the
> wedding.
>
> Cindy
>

> --- Carrie Karnos wrote:
>
> > I'm amazed at the number of titles that the
> Library
> > of Congress DOESN'T have. I would think it would
> > have a comprehensive list of all books published
> in
> > the US, but it's sure missing a lot of them. I can
> > understand missing books that are self-published
> or
> > very old or obscure, but it's missing loads that
> are
> > from big publishers and fairly recent. It's
> another
> > GMOL (great mystery of life)!
> >
> > Carrie

> line. To get a list of available commands, put the

Yahoo! for Good

image/pjpeg