[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot: hawaii

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:59:23 -0700 (PDT)

She lives a few miles away (which I'm very happy about) and works a mile away
from me, at Stanford's Aging Clinical Research Center.  She used to study aging
adults but now she's doing research on people with Parkinson's and dementia,
trying to see if a new medication will calm their agitation.

Her hair is really spectacular in the setting sun.  Maybe I can find a picture
of her at sunset somewhere... ah, here's one.

Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
She looks like she's a lot of fun!! I'll bet having
her with you added to the fun of the Hawaii trip. And
her hair is a beautiful shade of red!! I've seen some
that are too carroty for my taste, but hersis
beautiful and makes a litle envious (smile). What does
she do and where does she live?

Cindy

wrote:
> [...]
>
> > There was some overcast but relatively little rain
> > for the oh-so-short days I was in Hawaii (on the
> big
> > island). My daughter and I drove all the way
> around
> > the island on Friday (that was a long drive!),
> > stopping at botanical gardens and Kilauea crater.
> > The wedding Saturday evening was small (only 21 of
> > us) and quite humorous (the groom is trying hard
> > get the wedding ring on the bride's finger so the
> > minister says, "Just like marriage, gotta keep
> > working at it"). Our hotel room had a Gideon
> bible,
> > a book of Buddhist sayings, and a book by Conrad
> > Hilton. I was tempted to bring the books back, to
> > put on Bookshare, but that wouldn't have been
> right,
> > so I resisted the temptation. Overall, very fun
> > time. I recommend going to Hawaii to everyone,
> > beautiful place, with lots to do and see. Very
> good
> > to be home though...
> >
> > Carrie
> >
> > Cindy
> wrote:
> > After I wrote, I went to Amazon.com I see that
> > Whispers through the Trees is a 2005 edition.
> > Perhaps
> > it's too new to be in theLC catalog yet. I didn't
> > check the government copyright site. I'd assumed
> > from
> > what Sarah said that it was old. The experience
> > teaches me--or should if I remember :-) --not to
> > assume anything.
> >
> > I did do one un-necessar search--because of the
> > secondpart of the title--The Mystery of Swallow
> > Island--I thought it might be a Bobbsey Twins
> > book--my
> > favorites growing up.
> >
> > Carrie, I guess I missed the post before that
> you're
> > going to a wedding. Have a wonderful time. Did the
> > post that I missed say where it was? I hope the
> > weatehr is perfect for your trip and for the
> > wedding.
> >
> > Cindy
> >

> > --- Carrie Karnos wrote:
> >
> > > I'm amazed at the number of titles that the
> > Library
> > > of Congress DOESN'T have. I would think it would
> > > have a comprehensive list of all books published
> > in
> > > the US, but it's sure missing a lot of them. I
> can
> > > understand missing books that are self-published
> > or
> > > very old or obscure, but it's missing loads that
> > are
> > > from big publishers and fairly recent. It's
> > another
> > > GMOL (great mystery of life)!
> > >
> > > Carrie

> subject
> > line. To get a list of available commands, put the

> line. To get a list of available commands, put the

> Yahoo! for Good
> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina

Yahoo! for Good

image/pjpeg