[bksvol-discuss] Re: no place on the list {was: Re: Off-topic discussions was RE: Re: Some proofing questions}

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:50:59 -0400

Hi all,

Daria, we aren't blaming you at all, the discussion just got a bit more convoluted and you put out some info that you might not have chosen to place on a public list. Remember that no list on the net is private, truly.

Getting to know folks is fine, no problem there, but people need to learn to be circumspect, and when their messages stray into what seems like private communication on a public list, responsible people speak up. It is actually the listowner's job to do this, but since Bookshare staff have neither the time nor the inclination to do so, somebody's got to do it. I find myself doing it because I already do it for several lists, and the protective, caring, and sometimes interfering behavior of a listowner is automatic.

Most of my time as a listowner has been spent as a list owner on support lists for PWD, blind and otherwise. You get so you look out for your fellow list members and you yell if something isn't right. Sorry to Bookshare personnel, it is never my intent to step on folks' toes.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring