[bksvol-discuss] Re: no place on the list {was: Re: Off-topic discussions was RE: Re: Some proofing questions}

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:36:45 -0700 (PDT)

Bob, One of the  lines Madeleine quoted from the purpose of the volunteer list
was something to the effect of using it to get to know each other; I can't
remember exactly what it said, but I posted it recently.
We are a community, and become friends, and in general we care about each other
and what's going on in each others' lives.
I do agree, though, that the subject lines should  be specific, so we can
quickly decide if we want to read the post or delete it before reading. Maybe
the subject line could even include  who the post is from, which might give
added information about the subect (e.g., if it's from Daria it might be more
about her health) or fromDornetta, about her twins)--or knowing from whom the
post is might give us an idea of the tone of the post , knowing how various
people write, smile

>________________________________

steps further. These messages have nothing to do with volunteering, or books,
or
bookshare. Therefore, they have no place on either bksvol or
bookshare-discussion.

>Obviously, bookshare staff is going to renege on
there obligation to maintain the quality of these lists, so it's up to us, the
membership, to maintain that quality.

>I don't mind happy birthdays, or a few "ot"
messages, but, this... is... over... the... wall... .

>Now, I have to go get another coffee
fix.

  Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>I just received a reply to  some questions and asked Daria if it's o.k. to
>>forward it to the lists since  there are people on the list who care about
>>her and are  interested.

      However, if I can find my questions and her answers I'll send them to
      you
      dump that had metals and things that are complicating her problems.
      They're testing to see if they've affected her. She's being treated at a
      hospital  and outpatient climic  in North Carolina. I asked
      because my daughter's a pediatrician and if Daria were near he she could
      visit.
      English is her second language. When she answers, I'll forward her note
      the list, if people are interested. Otherwise I'll forward it just to
you,
      Marty.