[bksvol-discuss] Re: lots of hold for viji books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:10:06 -0600

I don't thank they're playing games - it's a newish scanner and a validator who are working together. smile.

The submitter has put books up for ViJi with a hold for about a month now, but until the last few days the "hold for" was in the comments field so it wasn't obvious. The comment field on the download page used to list the submitters name as "N". N's last name is Venkataraman. With N Venkataraman scanning and ViJi validating, the two working together have fairly quickly moved at least five books into the collection in the last few weeks. I know that because I wanted to read those five particular books, so I was going to download them for validating myself until I saw the "hold for" in the comments field.

Judy s.

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Do you-all think someone's playing games?I've don't
remember ever seeing such a person either on our lists
or with a hold before.

I'm using someone else's computer, and though I swear
I put in my name and password correctly it's not being
recognized, so I can't check to see the name of the
submitter. Who is the submitter? Anyone we know, or a
bookshare volunteer?

G.Cindy