[bksvol-discuss] Re: long dashes.

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:21:34 -0800

Hi,
That's very interesting about pronunciation. I just finished scanning a book and every once in a while it would say "the" instead of "die." I have never changed any pronunciation in kurzweil but can probably figure out where to do it. That will be a good one to try it on.

Bud
Hi all. I need some advice. I just finished scanning a book entitled "Jitterbug," by

Loren D. Estleman

and in it, Kurzweil 1000 V11 recognizes the long dashes. Should I do something about that before I export to *.rtf, or should I submit it in *.kes format? The scan is quite good after I changed "die," to "the," where fortunately there weren't too many "dies," in the book. :)

Thanks! I submitted a book many years ago, "A Tiger Walks," by Ian Niall," written in 1961, and actually scanned by, get a load of this, a Kurzweil Personal Reader, and it was practically perfect, in 1992. How's that for an ancient scan? :)

Curtis Delzer

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California