[bksvol-discuss] long dashes.

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:11:07 -0600

Hi all. I need some advice. I just finished scanning a book entitled
"Jitterbug," by
Loren D. Estleman

and in it, Kurzweil 1000 V11 recognizes the long dashes. Should I do something
about that before I export to *.rtf, or should I submit it in *.kes format? The
scan is quite good after I changed "die," to "the," where fortunately there
weren't too many "dies," in the book. :)

Thanks! I submitted a book many years ago, "A Tiger Walks," by Ian Niall,"
written in 1961, and actually scanned by, get a load of this, a Kurzweil
Personal Reader, and it was practically perfect, in 1992. How's that for an
ancient scan? :)

Curtis Delzer