[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted Coming Attractions

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:04:04 -0400

These are both good methods for finding links quickly.

There is still another one that I use for links I visit frequently, including going to Volunteer Home and Submit a Book, as well as My Checked Out Books. It works in both Window Eyes and JAWS. This method does depend on how frequently you visit any particular link and how long your browser is set to keep your browsing history. You just go through your visited links by hitting the letter v when you're on the page you want to be on. I imagine most people know about this little feature, but some may not.

When I'm logged on to Bookshare, I just hit v once or twice to go to Volunteer Home, then when that page loads, I just hit v two or three times at most to go to Submit a Book or My Checked Out Books.

As I said, your mileage may vary with this method, but if you visit certain links often, you can zip to them fast just going through your visited links.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>