[bksvol-discuss] Re: is this fair? Fw: Status of the Bookshare book you validated

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 15:02:39 -0700

Hi Evan,

Occasionally, books end up on the check out page that shouldn't
accidentally.  This is, I'm almost certain is what happened with the book
that Bob proofread.  There is an occasional glitch where the  web site,
instead of putting a book into the approval queue where it belongs, dumps it
onto the checkout page.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does, well,
essentially, a book gets proofread twice, once by an outsourcer and once by
a volunteer afterward, because the web site, either because of human error,
or because the site choked,  put the already proofread book in the wrong
place.

It isn't supposed to happen that outsourced books end up on the checkout
page, but it does happen occasionally.

Mayrie

  _____