[bksvol-discuss] Final word on elippses with four dots?

  • From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 15:59:55 -0600

This book is evil. It has multiple ellipses which are three dots plus
one for a period. There are regular three dot ellipses, so the
four-dots are evidently to indicate an ellipsis AND a period.

What is the final word on how to handle this? I have been making a
regular ellipsis, then putting a space, then putting the final dot,
but that is just going to be annoying. But can I just erase the
author's intention?

I don't want to keep making adjustments until I know. I guess I'll
leave all ellipses as they are and keep fixing all the other stuff.

Charisma