[bksvol-discuss] Re: handling handwritten text?

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 07:21:08 -0400

Hi all,

Original message:
You solution is fine, especially in that
situation--except, of course, that you didn't explain
that. smile I think that would be interesting to know
about the character.

Well, when I get done reading this book and put it up, you can read it. or, hmmm, maybe not, as you're not a member of Bookshare. The book is called Bookmarked To Die by Jo Dereske, and features a librarian as the sleuth. Here's what's on the back cover.

(From The Back Cover)

The crime-solving doyenne of the Dewey Decimal System, Miss Zukas is back in circulation!

Librarian extraordinaire Miss Wilhelmina "Helma" Zukas wakes up on the morning of her forty-second birthday in the throes of more than one midlife crisis. Her championing a collection of local authors' works ignites a dangerous firestorm of jealousy and anger in tiny Bellehaven. She's blackmailed by her conniving boss, library director May Apple Moon, into attending group counseling sessions--and two of the participants turn up dead. An obnoxiously bubbly new librarian is turning the head of Helma's longtime admirer, Police Chief Wayne Gallant. And worst of all, her uncuddly feline companion, Boy Cat Zukas, disappears.

Though she's been expressly forbidden to investigate (by the scheming Ms. Moon), it's Helma's nature to delve and research, and she figures there's nothing else now that she can lose. But too much nosing around in this case, and she's not going to make it to forty-three!

This book is part of a series that Mayrie has been scanning. I picked up the first one that she did, and I loved it. So she asked me if I wanted to do the second one and the third one. I said "yes!". So, check it out. I think you'll love Jo Dereske's books, set in Washington State.

The character with the rounded handwriting is the Head librarian Ms. May Apple Moon. Oh, she's quite a character alright. The rest of you folks will have to wait till I can get my act together and upload this thing.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring