[bksvol-discuss] Re: getting rid of header info

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:38:53 -0800

Hi,

        Actually a more accurate way to do this is to place your cursor at
the beginning of the line of text containing the title.  Press shift plus
end, that's hold down the shift key and press the end key.  This will select
the entire line of text. Next, either in Microsoft Word, or when using
Kurzweil 1000 pres Control plus h to open the find and replace dialogue.
Your selected text will appear in the find box.  Place nothing in the
replace box.  Tab through the dialogue making sure that case sensitivity is
enabled.  Then hit enter on the place that says "replace all."  This will
get rid of all instances of that exact text.  If you are going to type your
title in the find box, you need to type it EXACTLY as it appears, including
more than one space between words and all instances of upper and lower case
letters.  It's just faster, easier, and more accurate to use the text you
can select from the recurring title itself.  You want to make sure that you
do not do a replace all if the title of your book is likely to appear as a
part of the book.  For instance, if the title of your book is "the story"
with no capitalization, you probably don't want to do a replace all for
that.  That phrase could easily appear as part of the text of any book and
would be stripped in all instances, not just in the headers.

Mayrie