[bksvol-discuss] Re: formatting stats

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:42:20 -0400

Thanks for asking. If you've gotten rid of the junk characters and you have a
good clean copy, it's time to submit the book. I would recommend putting the
book in txt or rtf format if your equipment allows that. Kes files can be
submitted. Then you can submit. submit is on the main page. It's best to have a
synopsis ready to plug in, have the copyright holder and the copyright date
handy, to know the exact title and author, and to know what categories the book
falls into. The I.s.b.n is nice, but not required. On the author's name, it is
helpful that you give it the same way that author is represented previously on
bookshare, if she or he is. Follow the prompts and you'll be fine. I did my
first submission without the aid of the list so it's possible! You'll get a
thank you message when the process is complete. If you are a registered
volunteer, you can check the book's arrival on the download list for
validation. That's the next step your submission will go through. If you're not
a registered volunteer, and you don't have to be, one of us who is can check
that your book is really, really there. When the book is approved, and this
could be a process that takes a few days or a few months, you will get an
e-mail message from support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx advising you that your book has been
accepted. I think you are also notified if your book is rejected and I hope the
reason is given so the submitter can correct and resubmit. From the sounds of
it, though, this is not one of your worries.
Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior.
(Luke 1:46-47)
From: Silvara
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:14:04 -0400

Hi list:

After reading some messages about specialized formatting. I conducted a little
research. Currently there are 412 books on the download page. Out of the 412
there are 1 win win, 16 kes, 24 ark, 66 doc, 116 txt, and 183 rtf. As you can
see the major submissions are rtf and txt which almost anyone can open. I have
openbook and I have been validating the ark files because I know that most
people can't validate those. However, there are a lot of text books in ark
format, and I just don't feel comfortable validating those. So if there are
those on this list who have openbook and don't mind validating text books
please go for it and I will concentrate on the others. There's only 1 lonely
win win file. I don't know how long that will stay up there. So if anyone has
win win, please look at that book.
*****
Grace