[bksvol-discuss] Re: formatting stats

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:04:20 -0700

Hi. I am pretty new at submitting, so need some guide lines. I have some old
books, meaning I made them into *.kes formatting since I wished book marks
however they were originally scanned in using the
Xerox/Kurzweil Personal Reader, so they were originally text specifically, no
images available. The quality is practcially with no errors, in fact I went
through them and corrected to make sure. Would you fill me in on my
next steps in this case?

Curtis Delzer

--Original Message Text---
From: Silvara
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:14:04 -0400

Hi list:

After reading some messages about specialized formatting. I conducted a little
research. Currently there are 412 books on the download page. Out of the 412
there are 1 win
win, 16 kes, 24 ark, 66 doc, 116 txt, and 183 rtf. As you can see the major
submissions are rtf and txt which almost anyone can open. I have openbook and I
have been
validating the ark files because I know that most people can't validate those.
However, there are a lot of text books in ark format, and I just don't feel
comfortable validating
those. So if there are those on this list who have openbook and don't mind
validating text books please go for it and I will concentrate on the others.
There's only 1 lonely win
win file. I don't know how long that will stay up there. So if anyone has win
win, please look at that book.
*****
Grace