[bksvol-discuss] fair books in the new books list

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:45:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

Just a quick note to say that there's a high-priority bug in the Bookshare
system, that Engineering
is trying to figure out. We have a backup system, and on there, the bug
doesn't occur.  So unfortunately they have to use the live production system
to try to figure out what's going on. 'The Land Breakers' is a fair
book that no one has ever downloaded to read, so Engineering is using
it as a guinea pig, trying to duplicate the bug with it. Hopefully they
will determine why the bug occurs, how to fix it, and then test their
fix.  So don't be surprised if other fair books show up on the new
books list.  It's just Engineering testing their fix. We haven't changed the
policy about accepting fair books.

Thanks for being patient while we work through this, Carrie