[bksvol-discuss] Re: extra garbage at the bottom of scanned pages

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:18:58 -0600

Just remember that all em-dashes will be single dashes when you use scan
soft.  As long as that is the only character inaccurately represented, I
guess fixing them isn't a big deal if your editing method gives you proper
feedback about them.
I only became furious because I was scanning something with the absolute
record number of em-dashes in it because they were at the ends of sentences
with a scripture reference.  I was trying to edit with Dec-talk, which
doesn't deal with em-dashes and what it did with those single dashes in that
situation was even more bizarre and annoying.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/