[bksvol-discuss] extra garbage at the bottom of scanned pages

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:54:57 -0800

Hi Gang,

I've mentioned this problem before, but it seems to be getting worse. When scanning a book on many pages at the bottom there is a line or two or even three of junk, mostly l and y and 1 and a few other letters. It didn't used to do that. I'm wondering if it's just since I've gotten the latest version of k1000, or if it could be my scanner or something else. I've tried various engines but can't seem to pinpoint it down to any setting. Yes, the scanner glass is clean. I'm using k1000 version 9 and my scanner is an Epson 1640. Could it be that the scanner is losing it's efficiency? Any suggestions or similar stories?
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California