[bksvol-discuss] easy validation

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:57:23 -0500

In rtf and already pre-validated, I have submitted The Garden Angel.
I have already cleaned up all the obvious errors, with Kurzweil ranking it more
than 99% spelled correctly.
The only thing I couldn't figure out was, what category to check when I
submitted it. Maybe the validater would have a better idea. Here is the book
Jacket:
"Cutter Johanson is plucky and eccentric, nostalgic about her family's
once-glorious past. In her spare time, she gardens in the family cemetery and
knits hair doilies. While writing obits for the local newspaper and waiting
tables at the Pancake Palace, she is desperate to ward off potential buyers
from her dilapidated ancestral homestead - and goes to extreme and often
hilarious lengths to succeed. Though her neighborhood has changed, even grown
shabby, the folks at Father Bob's Home for Retarded Men across the street have
become a sort of extended family. Cutter's home is like another character,
elegiac, full of secrets, providing her with a refuge from the modern world.
That is, until Cutter's sister, Ginnie, pregnant with her married lover's
child, brings trouble home." "

Elizabeth Byers rarely ventures outside the brick ranch she shares with her
husband, Daniel, a professor at Palmetto University. Agoraphobic and stricken
with panic attacks, she fills her days gardening and writing her dissertation
on Emily Dickinson. But one day, an anonymous call brings disturbing news that
propels her into action. Elizabeth summons her courage to leave her house and
drive into neighboring Sans Souci, and the disturbing, sad events that follow
lead her to forge a friendship with Cutter, a stranger who reaches out to
help." "Cutter is losing her house, and Elizabeth is losing her husband.

Surrounded by offbeat characters, the women pull together to seek sanctuary,
only to plunge into a string of misadventures that will irreparably disrupt
their lives - and the lives of others. This novel captures life in a
down-at-the-heels small town and celebrates the power of friendship."