[bksvol-discuss] Re: double column formatting

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:31:55 -0500

Dear Cindy,

I'm only speaking for myself. When I see page 497b, for example, I know I'm going to begin on the second column on page 497.

At least half of the books I've validated had indexes and glossaries. My method isn't perfect, but seems logical to me, and at least I take time to check all of those terms and page numbers and I think both an audio reader and those using linear refreshable braille devices can navigate the pages I format this way.

When more than one page is required to contain the text of a single print page, The National Library Service labels the pages as I do, 288a, 288b 288c etc. I only number this way in appendices etc. In, I think, a hundred percent of the time, the pages in text fit within the page breaks which correspond to those in the book. I make sure the page breaks and page numbers in the file match those in the scan or print book. I have the imperative to duplicate the text and page numbers from the print firmly in mind.

Always with love,

Lissi