[bksvol-discuss] designating blank pages

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:12:48 -0700

Most of my reading from Bookshare is in braille. There pages are denoted by a braille line and the page number. The book I am currently reading is one done in office. There is never the words "blank page" or something similar, but I have no problem about this as the braille line and page number are certainly self-explanatory. My question then is, why are we as scanners or proofers going to the trouble of writing in "this page is blank." Who benefits from it?