[bksvol-discuss] cycling book validation: The Burden of Proof

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:02:44 -0500

Hi All,

I don't know if any of you can shed some light on this, but here's the problem.

I decided last week to resubmit Scott Turow's The Burden of Proof. The original copy on bookshare had a lot of mistakes that the original submitter probably wasn't aware of. The most glaring of which was the misspelling of the protagonist's last name....the name is Stern, but it appeared as Stem...a common scanning error and hard to catch because it's a word.

Anyway, I fixed it up, along with other small problems and resubmitted it with the "bso-" prefix asked for. I found it in the download section the other day so decided to validate it. I did so....hit download, not release, (at least I'm pretty sure I did), and it's back in the download list again.

I'm trying to decide if I should try again or if there's a problem I'm just not catching.

Robin
P.S. (I've made it clear in my notes that it's intented to replace the copy already on bookshare.