[bksvol-discuss] Re: changing m dashes to --

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 09:39:15 -0700

Hi Martha, according to what I have heard, the Bookshare tool is
supposed to deal with em-dashes and extra spaces and/or tabs, but I'm
afraid I like to deal with that myself when I proofread. It was part of
the procedures I was sent which I attend to before I start going through
a book I'm proofreading, so yes, I deal with em-dashes, smart quotes,
split dialog, ellipses, etc. before reading a thing. It's part of my
routine and I'm comforted when something is off my list I keep in my
head, if you understand what I mean. Regards, Kim Friedman.